Before heading in, I texted a friend that my stomach felt weird and I had just spilled coffee down my shirt.
She reminded me that at least I wasn't going to be on TV.
This was a good point.
"I'll just pretend I'm Oprah," I said. "Or David Vendetti."
And with that, it turned out to be an AMAZING experience. I hope I get to wear my coffee on the radio again sometime!
They made it easy by asking me about a bunch of stuff I REALLY like talking about.
The interview is below. For the quick and dirty version, just skip ahead to these topics:
- 4:22 Interview starts
- 5:30 WTF is barre?
- 8:07 Info for future cult members barre beginners
- 10:40 My sordid past
- 16:20 Butts, young and old
- 18:33 WTF is fit feminist?
- 22:50 Is it my turn to do something great?
- 31:02 Working out isn't all that fun
- 32:22 Maybe don't eat that twinkie
- 37:55 Why can't I just like yoga like everybody else?
- 39:00 WTF is aerial yoga?
- 43:00 The #1 thing that will change your body and your life
For real though:
If feminism is going to continue to progress as a movement... it needs to be much more inclusive, a "me and you" philosophy, not "me or you."
No "us vs. them." There is no "them." There is only "us." We are all one.